Thursday, 25 April 2013

Sunday 20th January 2013

First of all, I'd like to say a huge thank you to all of you who read my previous blog: Sunday 1st July 2012. I wasn't expecting many people (if any) to read it, and I've had a few emails and DMs saying how much you enjoyed it, so thank you.

This blog is pretty similar to my previous blog. I will be writing up my experience of the second time I met James & Ola Jordan. I met them at The Strictly Come Dancing Live Tour - 2013. It was actually the first time I'd been to this tour, but I did go to the professionals tour in 2009/10...

It all started at 5.30am when my alarm went off, and it was the only time I was looking forward to hearing that beeping sound at such an early hour. I did my usual morning routine, and actually looked forward to getting dressed more than I normally do. Me, Megan & Kirsty (Jordan fans) had bought the same t-shirt, ''I <3 JAMES & OLA'', and we were all so excited to be wearing it.


Me & Mum had left the house at around 7.00am. It was still dark outside so we were still quite tired, but by the time we were on the A road, we were fine. Mum actually began to get quite excited because we were listening to the music that we predicted would be used on the Tour!
The Tour was actually in Birmingham, and baring in mind we'd already figured it was snowing there, we were quite cautious, hence why we left quite a bit earlier than we normally would. The doors weren't open until 12 noon, whoops! As you can probably imagine, the car journey seemed to take forever as I was so damn excited, and every time the road sign told us how many miles we were from Birmingham, I'd shout ''-- MILES FROM JAMES AND OLA MOTHER''. I think I was excited at the fact we had front row tickets ha.

So, at around 11am we arrived in Birmingham and were finding a parking space. I think we parked in the West car park, but I'm not sure. Me and Mum got out of the car and began walking to the arena (NIA). It was snowing quite heavily, so we were blooming freezing! We ventured around the arena and tried to open all the doors, and they were all locked, uh oh. We carried on walking round and we saw 2 guys plowing through the snow trying to make paths for people. We asked them why the doors weren't open and they replied with ''It says on your ticket they open at 12!'' and it was me and Mum that were wrong, we thought that meant the doors in to the show room, not the actual building!

We had nowhere to go as the nearest cafe was around 1 mile away, and we weren't going to walk in the snow, so we decided to just find shelter. I was playing around on my phone decided to Google where the stage door was, and I asked Mum if we could walk down there (as it stated online it was sheltered). We ventured down to the stage door which was a mission and a half to find, but we found it!

By this time, it was around 11.20am and we were already like ice blocks. There were a few stewards walking in and out of the door and I was so, so eager to see James & Ola. Whilst we were standing there, Mum said ''Tweet them and tell them we're out here for them!'' so I did...

As soon as I sent the tweet, Mum tapped me on the shoulder and says ''Liv... I'm sure that's Lisa and Dani!'' and it turns out that they were having a cigarette behind a MAHOOSIVE pillar, which probably wasn't the worst idea because there were quite a few other people waiting around that were there to see the show. Luckily... Mum was the only person to clock them. She sneaked over, tapped Lisa Riley on the shoulder and said ''Pssst! Can my daughter have a quick photo, she's a huge fan!'' (aimed at Dani Harmer a.k.a TRACY BEAKER ASDFGHJKL). They ever so kindly said yes so I had a quick photo with them, and they went straight back inside. 

So it then reached around 11.45am, me and Mum were desperate to go inside, because we were turning blue it was so cold. My phone lit up in my hand through my glove and I saw Ola had tweeted ''Having my hair and make-up done'' or something like that. By this point, I literally had given up any hope of me meeting her or James. 

SECONDS, YES, SECONDS after that, the sliding door opened and who walked out? WHO? James Jordan. Mum said my mouth dropped like 1 foot and he saw me, smiled and asked me to come over. So, I ran over to him and he said ''Hello babe, nice to see you again! How are you?!'' Now, ladies and gentlemen, does this mean he remembers me from July, or??!!??!! (He was also with Phil Tufnell who was actually a lot different to how I thought he was, he's very shy in real life when you meet him). 



So, I was in mid-hug with James and he whispered ''Look who's behind me...'', and guess who was behind him... GUESS GUESS GUESS! Ola Jordan! She was standing in the door, with her Strictly onesie on! How a woman can look so damn beautiful in a onesie is completely beyond me, but she did. She was looking at me and smiling, and as I caught her eye, she waved me over to her. So James let me go, and I walked over. She had the biggest smile on her face, and said ''Hey Livvie, how are you sweetie!?'' and leaned in for a hug. So I obviously gave her a hug and she squeezed me so damn tight I could hardly breathe! (Can I just point out that whilst all this hugging was going on between me and Ola, Mum and James were having a conversation about how cold it was, LOL). When Mum and James had finished their conversation, Mum pointed at my t-shirt and said ''Hey! Have you seen the latest addition?'' to James, and he laughed and said ''I love it!''

Ola told me she couldn't stay for long as she had to go inside to get changed, and I obviously completely understood, so I asked if I could have a picture with her. She said ''Of course! Hugs!'' and put her arm around me, to have a photo. 

As we had this photo, a few people had kind of seen who it was and started to point, but you could tell they weren't entirely sure. Ola's phone began to ring so she answered it, and it was someone from her family in Poland as she was speaking pure Polish, which was so strange yet interesting to hear. When the phone call had finished, she held on to my hand, moved me to a position so all the other people couldn't see her, and leaned her head on my shoulder so nobody could clock her, it was so damn cute I can't even. :')

Someone came out from the stage door (clearly crew) and told them that they had to go back inside for the rest of hair, make-up and costume. Mum quickly asked if I could have a photo with James & Ola together and they said ''Sure, get in the middle!'' (JORDAN SANDWICH NUMBER 2)


They apologised that they had to rush off but I said that it was fine and I understood, so I gave James a final hug and thanked him, and he said ''No problem babe! See you soon ok?! ... OH, and remember to vote for me, not your friend!'' (meaning Ola omfg). Ola then gave me a final hug and said ''Hope you enjoy the show! Remember, vote for me because we're friends!'' and giggled, pointed at James and stuck her tongue out to him. :') I laughed, said ''Ok!'' to practically both of them, and they went back inside. (Can I just point out that Karen Hauer was inside the door talking to some people ok). As they went back inside and the door shut, Ola turned around, waved, blew me a kiss and did the same heart with her hands as she did in Kettering when I met her the first time. (I was crying).

SO THAT, my friends, was that. I had met James & Ola Jordan, Lisa Riley, Dani Harmer and Phil Tufnell. I won't go in to what happened in the show as such, but I will tell you some things that happened...
1) When it was Louis & Ola's second dance, I shouted ''GO ON LOUIS!'' and Ola smiled at me.
2) When it was Denise & James' second dance, I shouted ''GO ON DENISE!'' and she put her thumb up.
3) LOUIS & OLA WON AND I WENT FOOKING CRAZY, I TELL YOU NOW. I WENT MAD. I was so damn excited and it was great and I'd seen Ola lift a glitter ball.

Ok, so that's what happened on Sunday 20th January 2013. It was probably as good as, if not, a little bit better than when I met them the first time as they recognised me even more and yeah. Asdfghjkl I love the Jordan's.

Thanks for reading!

ox





No comments:

Post a Comment